Thursday, June 8, 2017

Embroidery Revisited

EMBROIDERY REVISITED
May 31, 2017, 7:33 PM
After being absent for so long it's hard to know where to jump back in. After visiting one of my favorite embroidery sites, ELEFANTZ. , I decided to experiment with more than just the basics in embroidery. Seams that a little needle and beautiful threads can just make any project so special! So l took advantage of the free beginner design and a lesson from Elefantz and the bug bit me! Elefantz stitches are tiny and precise. She has you to practice an inch of very tiny backstitches. Here is my first try---

I've considered making a stitch book to remind me of my practice and the names of each stitch and stitch combination. Many Different stitches can be used to resemble a certain flower. Don't believe me?? Just google lavender embroidery!  I practiced a few single and combination stitches just to refresh my memory and my fingers.


On the next one I used a chain stitch for the vase. I think I like it better.

.

I wanted to try to stitch a design of my own. Wasn't very pleased. The flowers are too big and clunky.
 

I began thinking about a design that would include many stitches.  A practice or teaching design.

I looked online and found a heart shape.


 but the designs did not include the stitches I wanted so I just drew a heart shape with a chalk marker and am in the process of filling the line with my choice of design stitches.



Above is my work in progress. You can see the stems that will be lavender shortly.

UPDATE---Ok--long story but its days later and I have progressed in this work. Although I'm
 not real happy with parts of this piece i am showing it to you. Just the time spent on this stitchery will help me improve my stitches.  I want to learn from others to improve my work but I don't want to copy someone elses work.  Does that make any sense to you?  I want my work to be just that---
MY WORK.  I hope you learn from my work.  

I hope that you cherish your talents in stitchery, quilting, or any other talent you might have.  I have come to realize that they are a gift from God.  God was illusive to me for most of my life but when I sought Him with all my heart and soul and mind, He came to me.  He revealed Himself to me little by little and now my relationship is not perfect, still growing, but my knowledge and sight of Him is so real and active that I include Him in my everything.  

Every good and perfect gift comes from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights!  James 1:17    Remember to give Him the Glory (credit ) for each one! ♥️
This post is tagged in:
embroidery









No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thanks for stopping by--Please Come Again!

background